What Does “Unique Class C IP” Mean, and How Does It Benefit SEO?
SEO Hosting comes into the picture when you want to link between your websites. It depends on how many websites you have and where you host these sites. To elaborate,let’s look into Class C:
Example IP Address: 22.214.171.124
As you see above, there are 4 sets of numbers separated by dots.
- The first set of numbers is the A class
- The second set is the B class
- The third set of numbers the C class
- And finally the fourth set is the D class
- A.B.C.D will be used for reference.
Then, the details about dealing with the unique or same Class “C” sites is explained here:
- You have 2 websites hosted on a single server in a normal hosting. Their corresponding IP’s would be generally Site 1 as A.B.C.D1 and Site 2 as A.B.C.D2. The class C IP address used by both sites is the same. Search engines filter these out from ranking algorithms.
- If you link from Site 1 to Site 2 or vice versa, they will have no linking value.
- Now, lets come to SEO hosting plans offered by SEOhost.us. Assuming that you have two websites, the corresponding IP’s would be Site 1 as A.B.C1.D1 and Site 2 as A.B.C2.D2. The class C IP address blocks would be different. A link from Site 1 to Site 2 or vice versa, will now have value because search engines like google will not filter them.
Remember, the search engines can see when related sites cross link to each other from within the same class C IP address. These links are often filtered out of the ranking algorithms. If your site has too many of these types of links it can even bring a penalty to your site!
What does it mean to have a “dedicated IP” and how does it affect SEO?
Without a dedicated IP, you are sharing your “address” with hundreds- if not thousands- of other websites. Consider them your room mates. Some of those websites may contain explicit content; and as you know that may result in a blacklist from search engines.
Search engines associate links with the IP address, not the “pretty name” (i.e. yoursite.com) so if you’re sharing your IP with others, you put the reputability of your own website at risk. SEOhost.us customers do not need to spend more for a dedicated IP because our priority is the value of your own website.
For a more advanced source of information regarding shared vs. dedicated IP addresses, click here.
Are you a reseller for a different SEO hosting company?
We own/manage our own servers at more than 30 data centers around the world. We do not lease or resell services from any other SEO hosting providers.
Is the IP assigned to my site from you shared with any another SEO hosting client?
No! Unlike other SEO hosting companies, the IP address assigned to your site by SEOhost.us is 100% dedicated to you and is not shared in any way with another SEO hosting client.
Are my web site files backed up?
Yes – We backup your site files on all our off-site backup servers weekly at no additional charge (backed up files are stored up to 4 weeks, using rotated method), and keep them for the life of the “active” account.
Why is there no cPanel?
Since most websites run on Popular CMS which each offer their own wonderful admin tools, our customers have realized that they do not need cPanel at all. With your “ready-to-go” web site- including premium plugins/themes, and the options in My Tools (email manager, a web based FTP program, and MySQL) you will have more time to focus on content and building the traffic for your sites, and less time trying to figure out new, unnecessary programs.
How soon can I get my sites up running?
The time it takes to get your sites up running depends on several factors:
- Access to your domain name registrar account for private name server configuration (most complex part). Note: We would be more than happy to configure your private name servers through your domain name registrar account at no additional charges.
- How many IP/sites you ordered. 5 sites or less – less than 24-48 hours. More than 10-100 sites, it will take up to 1 week to complete the site configuration.
- Special requests (such as unique themes/plugins) to be added to our custom CMS installer software. If you have a specific plugin or theme that you want included as part of the site-wide installation, please let us know (or send the theme/plugin to us) – and we will take care of it for you.
- Popular CMS platforms.We are very good at dealing with different CMS platforms – just let us know – we will be more than happy to install/configure these specific/unique CMS at no additional charges.
- Note: These unique services allow us to work for you as a “backend” webmaster, saving even more money!